Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Shallow Water

24X12
Oil on Linen Canvas


Reference Photo taken by Daniel Edmondson






Painting bare ground, or almost bare ground, is confusing because you would think white should be added to the green to get there, but that isn't really true.  I took a few liberties with Daniel's photo and made another bend in the river so it didn't just go off the canvas and the flow was better through the painting. Painting rocks in the water was an interesting exercise as well. I tried a new technique to paint the grass. It will add more detail and make the grass look more real as I learn to do it correctly. Right now I'm still not able to use just the end of my brush to get the right effect, but when I actually learn how to do it well, my paintings will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment