Monday, June 26, 2017

Hibiscus from My Deck 

10X10
Oil on Linen Panel 



Hibiscus are beautiful flowers. This one was on my deck last week. The pot I have of them this year contains both yellow blooms and red blooms. The only problem is that they fade so quickly. One day blooming and the next day they are really old looking.

I'm learning to use more contrasts, but it's hard to keep that from being black and white. 
It's easiest to sign the painting while the background is still pretty wet. I've always thought you don't sign until the painting is done and then you don't add or subtract any more. That's not really true. If something needs fixing the signature has nothing to do with it. So now, I sign when I think the paint is at the right stage and then paint the painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment