Wednesday, February 15, 2017



Autumn Show

14 X 11
Reference photo by Linda Yocum
Oil on Linen Panel





I've been learning some layering techniques that require using only the point of the brush. I worked and worked to get the fine structure of trees without leaves, layering it like I thought I was supposed to do. A friend came by and I excitedly showed her the work I had done and, behold, as it had dried all those layers dissolved into one. Boy, was I disappointed! So, I went back to work layering the leaves on the aspens and pines, and putting in the stick structures of the trees without leaves. The trees without leaves are still not structured like I wanted, because I have great difficulty using only the tip of the brush. However, I like the layering on the aspen trees and the grasses. I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment